Our aim is to make a meaningful difference for our clients, their customers and the planet. We are looking for someone who shares our values, and can help grow our business whilst bringing real value to the nonprofit, commercial and government clients we work with. This is a job for someone who is motivated by purposeful work and close collaboration with our delivery team.
This role is key for our growing agency. With offices in Melbourne and New Zealand, Squareweave, part of the Ackama Group, has a proud track record and is keen to develop long-term relationships with ambitious organisations.
As a Business Development Manager at Squareweave you will be responsible for generating new business relationships and responding to new enquiries, working closely with our Head of Client Services to identify, qualify, and respond to new opportunities. You will analyse opportunities, write proposals and tender responses and should expect to lead this process. You will collaborate with the team to craft and present pitches and maintain relationships during delivery.
Phone calls, lunches, and attending events or conferences will be required. You should love and be energised by people, and be genuinely passionate about understanding their needs and making a difference.
Developing and responding to new business opportunities. This would include:
- Researching organisations and individuals to identify new prospects and approach organisations in our key sectors.
- Developing insight into prospective customers and their buying process.
- Build genuine understanding with customer organisations and present appropriate strategies and solutions.
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to build rapport and set up meetings.
- Planning and leading new business development initiatives.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events to raise the profile of the company within the government and nonprofit sectors.
- Reporting on sales activities and lead generation.
Selling, pitching and pre-sales, including:
- Advocating for our services, especially project discovery, design, strategic design, web development, cloud-native infrastructure, open source.
- Preparing presentations, tender responses and proposals (both short and long form).
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products.
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person.
- Developing sales goals with the Head of Client Services.
Working with the business development team and other team members to lead and develop deeper relationships with customers:
- Developing a revenue plan and delivering to key targets.
- We will regard highly existing networks in government and non-profit sectors.
As a Business Development Manager you:
- Will have excellent insight and listening skills, with the ability to see past tender requirements and put forward solutions that will help our clients get the best possible outcome.
- Will go beyond the sale, empathising with our clients and putting together solutions and strategies that add real value to organisations and the lives of their employees and customers.
- Will love networking and making real connections with people.
- Will understand technology and have a keen interest in digital projects and trends.
- Be comfortable doing strategic analysis for new opportunities.
- Be able to build strong relationships both internally and with our clients.
- Be able to guide a team to respond to big opportunities.
- Be able to work with reference to a broad/guiding strategy and tailor this to individual client needs.
- Will contribute to business development strategy and support business development colleagues and marketing within a small team.
- Operate with integrity in all your business dealings.
The experience you will bring is:
- Understand procurement processes and be able to lead and develop a response to RFT/RFQ etc (with support).
- Proven experience working with government clients and high level stakeholders.
- Technical sales experience with not-for-profits and government clients.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note you must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role. No companies or recruiters please.