Squareweave is a socially-conscious design and web development agency. We build web applications and websites for a range of clients, focusing on the Not-For-Profit and social good sector. Our aim is to make a meaningful difference for our clients, their customers and the planet. We believe that technology can make the world a better place by improving, even in small, incremental ways, systems that impact many people. We undertake consulting and strategy work with our clients about what they should build, we utilise UX and design to help guide how to build them, and we have strong delivery teams to bring those ideas to life.
We are seeking a Project Manager / Digital Producer to join our team. This is a job for a person who is motivated by the purpose behind their work and is focussed on the outcomes of the projects we take on. You’ll care about our clients, their end-users, and your teammates. You would be joining our team of 8 in Melbourne which works as part of a larger organisation based in New Zealand consisting of 35+ people across Wellington and Auckland.
Working across a variety of software projects, you will come from a strong Agile delivery background. Experience working with a wide range of organisations from startups to government to major established enterprises is required.
This is a client-facing role and we are looking for an individual with great interpersonal skills; someone who builds confidence with our clients, works collaboratively with team members and can operate well working on a number of projects from conception to delivery.
As a Project Manager / Digital Producer you will:
- Be an excellent communicator – both internally with your team and in client-facing meetings. You will help drive conversations to a conclusion and show leadership when communicating with clients and managing expectations.
- Be able to prioritise tasks and make the right calls on when things need to be addressed and how you and your team can deliver on commitments.
- Leverage Agile practices to increase the performance of the delivery teams while increasing customer satisfaction, software quality and staff engagement.
- Collaborate with other Project/Delivery managers to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the successful execution of projects.
- Work with Technical Leads to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage the financial aspects in projects including invoicing clients and accurately tracking project expenditure.
- Work closely with senior leadership to manage project risks.
- Have a growth mindset and continually develop your leadership and technical skills.
The experience you will bring is:
- Significant experience working in an agile environment as a digital project manager, producer, strategist or BA with strong project management skills.
- Proven facilitation and coaching skills.
- An open and effective communication style and strong interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience working for a company that is service rather than product-oriented.
- Capacity to think holistically about client business needs and user/audience requirements.
- The ability to manage budgets and timelines along with other project deliverables.
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail and time-management.
Experience with the following would be well-regarded:
- Technical background either as a developer or working closely with development teams.
- Experience in the startup world or a growing tech product/services company.
- Failed at a few big challenges and learned from the experience.
- Some personal intellectual pursuits or sectors of personal passion.
- Agile, SCRUM, Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 certification is a plus.
Gender Equality and Diversity
Squareweave is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are also passionate about achieving equal gender representation in the tech industry. Due to the acute underrepresentation of women in tech roles we see it as our responsibility to consider and give fair and reasonable opportunity for women to join our team. We pride ourselves on our inclusive and flexible workplace culture.
People of all ages, genders, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply by Friday 27 March 2020 to email@example.com – any attached documents should be sent as a PDF. Please note our team currently works from home and this will be a remote working position for the time being.
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role. No companies or recruiters please.